ATTEND A FREE STAYING SAFE DRIVER WORKSHOP
Usually held every second Thursday of the month (10am to 1pm) at Community House (Strathallan Street Timaru) – booking is essential for catering and space.
Evening sessions 7-9pm are now available (Summer only)
These 2-hour workshops are designed and presented in a friendly and interesting way. NO test involved
Workshop 1: Updates on road rules
- Check your knowledge of the road rules and signs
- Discuss issues that concern you
- Free morning tea and refreshments
Workshop 2: Road use with confidence
- We discuss strategies to manage physical and psychological changes
- How to make safer driving choices
Workshop 3: Vehicle Technologies
- Which car is safer in a crash
- What technology is in your car and how to use it effectively/safely
- Future vehicle technologies, self drive cars, etc.
Workshop 4: Road Crash Trends and Statistics
- What are happening op our roads?
- Main causes of crashes
- Visiting drivers – are they mainly at fault?
For more information about these two-hour workshops, ring the numbers shown below. Workshops are held every month in Timaru. To attend a workshop in Waimate, Geraldine, Temuka, Fairlie, Tekapo, Twizel, please call.
Robyn Baldwin (Timaru Senior Citizens)
telephone 03 687-7581 or
Daniel Naudé (Road Safety Coordinator)
on 03 687-7235 or text 027-438-6285